Dr Charles Deacon [who had returned from practise in Australia] was the first veterinarian to open a practice in the area [in 1967]. Before that the area had been serviced by veterinarians from Port Elizabeth and Uitenhage. In about 1969 Dr Deacon leased [and later purchased] a building which had housed a furniture factory run by the Du Preez brothers [Harry and Jan] and an adjoining cottage. Dr Deacon utilized the factory building as his veterinary clinic and although it has undergone many changes over the years, the original building remains the nucleus of the current veterinary clinic.

Contact information

Telephone 1 042 295 1083
Website www.humvet.co.za


106 Main Road, Westgate, Humansdorp 6300

Get directions

Ratings & reviews


Average rating


There are no reviews. Be the first to write one